Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm tired of titling my posts.

So I've made quite a few important decisions in the past couple of weeks and I have many more ahead.

I recently interviewed for a job working with insurance claims. It is decent money and it would be a good start to a financially secure future. I got a green light from all three managers, but something inside me just felt like it wasn't right. It was so safe and easy...and not what I want to do. I felt this guilt for even interviewing for it. I went to college for 4 years learning about music, performing it, and developing my talents; I couldn't just turn my back on it now. I turned them down.

In the meantime, I've been putting my resume out to churches across the country, looking for a position as a worship leader. Needless to say, this felt right. I've gotten some responses back and I'm actually going to follow up on a position in an area I already know quite well. I will be trying-out there soon, so pray for me.

I rode a horse on Sunday night. BIG mistake. I had him going at a nice little trot for a while...it felt really natural. I thought to myself, "Self, you could be a cowboy. You could live off on a ranch in the middle of nowhere. Just you and your trusted horse." While I was thinking this, Satan's Steed (I don't know his real name, but I figure this surely fits him better than his real name) starts to go buck wild when he sees the corral, galloping off to return home. I'm not a cowboy. I'm not a lover of animals. I am not good with balance. I felt myself starting to go off. The horse was going crazy, so I decided to bail. I jumped off the horse as he was running back to his home. I fell on my side and rolled quite a few times. If you ask me, it looked pretty James Bond-ish...but just ask me. Anyways, my mother insisted that I go to the doctor. I arrived to a nurse that resembled the foreign chick in Dodgeball - the super tall one reminiscent of a man. Anyways, I show her my bruise and she freaks out. If she freaked out, I thought I should too. So the last couple of days I've been limping around with a 3rd butt-cheek, woman-hips on one side, or a grapefruit-sized bruise on my left thigh...whatever you want to call it. Moral of the story: If you can't control it, don't ride it.

No comments: