Friday, August 21, 2009

StL

I'm moving to St. Louis. I accepted a position as a worship leader in O'Fallon, which is about 15 minutes east of St. Louis, and even less from where I spent my life from the age of 2 until I was 10. The church has offered to help pay for my masters in Music Theory - right now it's kind of just a choice of where I want to get it from...Washington University or SIUE. Washington University also has a Dr. program available in music theory....hopefully I'll stay long enough to complete that. The church is about 400 people, and pretty diverse in age. They are looking to move forward with their music style as well as their musicianship. There is alot of raw, undeveloped talent. It won't be easy. There are many improvements, rules, and adjustments that need to be made, but the spirit of the worship team seems so teachable. I have never met a more humble, willing group of people. Gos has opened so many doors for me and proven His faithfulness over and over again. I am getting to do what I love. The Pastor pretty much commanded me to arrange music for the worship team. No arguments there. Basically, I was terrified to leave home, and comfort, and familiarity, but I am now more confident than ever that I am doing what I am supposed to be. I am also more tired than I have ever been in a long time because I am now officially and oldie...so I'm going to bed. Night.

1 comment:

Alicia W. said...

Ahhh.. Congratulations, Chris!! That is so exciting! A new little adventure!! :)