Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I've been hanging with two individuals who are polar opposites. One of them is constantly looking for adventure and excitement. The other is content in finding adventure in the daily norms. While I appreciate both, I tend to be a somewhat calm person. I love adventure, but I usually let it find me; I feel like it's more natural that way. I love finding comfort and joy in the small things: relaxing by the pool, reading a book, just talking with friends, watching a movie. I like these things. I feel like all too often people are scared of slowing down. Scared to do nothing. Not me. Bring on the lazy summer afternoons and slow weekends. I don't want to fabricate adventure, I want to experience it for real.

2 comments:

aaron said...

i can think of another individual you need to hang out with... ME

Alicia W. said...

Chris- this is yet more proof that you and I are soul mates.