Monday, June 29, 2009

6/29/09

Even though I feel bad for saying this, I am kind of glad to see that other graduates are having as hard a time as me finding a job. Not just any old students, either. Students that were in campus leadership positions, made good grades, and have excellent sommunication skills. Students that are not getting calls back from places that I wouldn't even apply for in high school but I now find myself reluctantly begging for a job. Is that bad? Please forgive me class of '09. If it is any comfort to you, it appears we are in the same boat.

Speaking of forgiveness, today I started reflecting back on how someone had wronged me and all I wanted to do was get them back. Give them the cold shoulder and not give a crap about their feelings...kind of like they did to me. But as I thought of how I could get even, I was reminded that forgiveness is a powerful and difficult action. It is not always easy, and sometimes when we think that we have forgiven others, we actually have not...we still harbor bitterness towards them. I want to truely forgive others. I do not want to just speak the words, I want to act them out.

1 comment:

aaron said...

chris, forgiveness is for us, not the other person. watch madea goes to jail... you'll figure it all out.

love you buddy!