Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Psalm 34

I heard a pastor in Des Moines reference this Psalm in one of his Sunday morning sermons. I thought that it could make a great song. Unfortunately, not one sole version satisfied me. In an effort to create a "Super Psalm", I gathered print-outs of 5 or 6 versions and combined them all into this with a little tweaking of my own here and there. I'm calling it, the NCEV: New Chris Eclectic Version.

Psalm 34

Verse 1

I will praise the Lord at all times.
My lungs expand with His praise.
I live and breathe You God
Let all who are helpless take heart.

Verse 2

Come, let us tell of the Lord's greatness;
Let us exalt His name together.
I pray to the Lord, and He answers me.
He frees me from all my anxious fears.

Verse 3

Those who look to Him will shine with joy;
No shadow of shame will darken their face.
When I was desperate, I called out,
and He saved me from my troubles.

Chorus

Great is the Lord, and worthy to be praised.
Great is the Lord, He meets us at our need.
Great is the Lord, for He is Holy and worthy to be praised.

Bridge

Worthy, Holy, Righteous, Magnify His name.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Welcome to blog-world, son.