Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saw Winter Jam last night. Michael Tait is the new lead singer for the Newsboys. He met with all the pastors at the concert. He talked about DC Talk...and I missed my chance to shout out, "Reunion Tour"! Oh well. It was awkward to hear him singing Newsboys and DC Talk songs all in the same performance...not to mention the fact that he's a complete metro...which I never expected from hearing his rap on Jesus Freak.

Anyways, it was cool to hang out with the youthies. They bring so much life and vigor. I've been working pretty hard lately and dealing with some really "adult" situations, so it was nice to kick back and be a little immature.

We had a Worship Team Retreat today. A retreat to the church, but a retreat nonetheless. It was nice to hang out with everyone and just fellowship. We normally only get together on Sundays and Wednesdays, and all we do then is practice. Not really much time to build relationships. Some of the members cooked food and we had a time of teaching and praying for one another. It really ministered to my soul. We also got to learn some cool new music that everyone seems to be pumped about.

Pastor brought up grad school to me again. I need to get the ball rolling on that. Looking at a Master's in vocal performance at SIUE. Yes, it's more money, but this is something I love, I'm single right now, so I'm gonna go for it. Not to mention it is a path that can help me fulfill my dream of one day teaching at a university. I also miss singing/playing with a big choir. I get to conduct one here, but I don't get to participate. I've missed that...and it'll be an improvement from Evangel's choir...not dissing them, but it's just a small program. Enough writing for today. I have to practice conducting for tomorrow. PEACE.

1 comment:

ellie said...

congratulations on the grad school decision! You'll do great.