Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Pursuit of Happiness

I've spent most of my life living for fun; looking for the next entertaining moment. Being constantly bombarded with activities while I was at Evangel University, I believe the institution of my higher education is partly at fault. Every night there was an activity, a party, or an event. I got so used to the busyness, I neglected the quiet moments...and activities that have greater importance. I did experience invaluable, irreplaceable friendships, but I wish that I had spent more time volunteering at a homeless shelter, reading books, practicing music, or studying the forms of musical literature by legendary composers (something I'll probably never get another chance to do...or at least have such easy access). I wish that I had challenged people spiritually. Intellectually. I guess I'm just evaluating what takes precedence in my life and reevaluating my priorities (guitar lessons here I come).

I refuse to live a life of regrets, and that's why I'm determined to change the future.

No comments: