Thursday, April 16, 2009

Change

I used to look forward to change. I longed for it. I've always been a restless person. I can't stand to stay at a restaurant for more than a couple of minutes after my food has been eaten. Change. Why do circumstances have to change? Why is it completely different everytime I go back to my hometown? Change. How am I so close to some people one semester, and so completely disconnected from them the next? Change. I know change isn't always bad. Everywhere I've lived I have grown, learned life experiences, and become a better person because of change; but I just want something to stay the same. I need an anchor in my life. A firm foundation. Something solid and consistent I can hold on to. Something everlasting...unchanging.

1 comment:

ellie said...

I think I can relate to what you're saying.
I wish it were possible to have some common link to hold onto from where I'm at now, a place in time that I love dearly, and where I'll be in 5 months, a place i'm completely afraid of entering.